Tinte Mecanice din Otel
Sisteme Transport Tinta
Sistem Control Poligon
Deflectoare de Siguranta
Case de Antrenament
Sisteme de Ventilatie
Sisteme de Iluminat
Produse de Descarcare Arme
USING .50 BMG WITH THE TOTAL CONTAINMENT TRAP
Action Target’s Total Containment Trap (TCT) is the most advanced and safest bullet containment system in the world. Carrying an ATI Class 2 ballistic rating, the trap is certified to contain rifle ammunition at a speed of 3,388 feet/second with a maximum energy of 3,600 foot-pounds.
Action Target’s Standpoint
- Upon completion of testing, Action Target has determined that a LIMITED quantity of .50 BMG ammunition may be used with the TCT.
- IMPORTANT! .50 BMG is a high energy ammunition (approximately 11,070 foot-pounds). Use of .50 BMG rounds on the TCT will shorten the life expectancy of trap components and may void the warranty.
- If .50 BMG rounds are fired onto a concentrated area, damage to the TCT may occur after as few as 50 rounds.
Damage from .50 BMG
- Damage to or significant lifetime reduction of the deceleration chamber’s mouths (top and bottom).
- Breaking of the welds on the deceleration chamber’s mouths and/or ribs.
- Significant lifetime reduction of the deceleration chamber’s rear shell. IMPORTANT! In concentrated areas of fired rounds, failure of the rear shell may occur, resulting in rounds escaping the deceleration chamber.
- Loosening of cams due to impact shock forces.
- Damage to or significant lifetime reduction of side impact plates.
Restrictions for Shooting .50 BMG
- DO NOT shoot .50 BMG rounds into the TCT from a fixed position. This includes any firing apparatus or position that will place multiple rounds in a very small area.
- DO NOT shoot .50 BMG rounds in automatic fire or short burst rounds.
- DO NOT shoot .50 BMG rounds that have a steel or solid brass core into the TCT (use of any solid core or “armor piercing” rounds will void the TCT warranty).
- DO NOT shoot tracer, incendiary, or armor piercing rounds into the TCT.
- DO NOT shoot .50 BMG less than 25 yards away from the TCT.
.50 BMG Ammunition Recommendations
- Hornady A-Max® Match™ .50 BMG ammunition: match grade, low yaw round.
- Engel Ballistic Research .50 BMG frangible ammunition: reduced velocity, low ricochet frangible round.
- Alchemist Frangible C3 ammunition: low ricochet, frangible round.
Guidelines for Shooting .50 BMG
- Vary the placement of .50 BMG rounds so they are not fired onto a concentrated area of the TCT.
- Try to ensure .50 BMG rounds contact the impact plates of the TCT. This will allow for maximum deceleration of the rounds with minimal damage to the impact surfaces.
- Designate specific lanes for use with .50 BMG ammunition.
- For .50 BMG lanes, inspect key TCT components DAILY, including:
- Baffle plates: Inspect baffle plates for breaches, bulging and wear.
- Impact plates: Inspect impact plates for breaches, bulging and wear.
- Chamber mouths: Inspect chamber mouths for breaches and wear. Ensure the mouth opening is between 1” and 1-3/8”.
- Rear shells: Inspect rear shells plates for bulging, “dimpling” and breaches.
- Cams: Ensure cams are tight and cam locations marks are in line.
- If any damage is found, DO NOT shoot .50 BMG rounds in that lane.
- Replacement parts can be purchased from Action Target.